In agreeing to this code of conduct, our Outsiders are expected to:
- represent themselves and their abilities transparently and accurately to ensure the best fit matches with client projects.
- agree to all of the terms and conditions of membership on the platform, including not using the Outsiders Network chat functionality to negotiate projects outside of the platform (ie: sharing of full names and contact information prior to completing a booking transaction on the site).
- be responsive to shortlisting requests within 12 hours of notification unless their calendar is blocked out as unavailable.
- be responsible for maintaining their own calendar block out periods using the calendar feature in their dashboard.
- be mindful of the diversity and intersectionality of the Outsiders Network. Education and insights of issues surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion should be considered in every project on the Outsiders Network, especially with other marginalized groups.
- be courteous and prompt in their communication with clients, via email or site chat window, regarding a project (clients are expected to do the same).
- not release your personal contact information to the client until a full confirmation of booking has been made. Until such time, your first name and first initial of your last name will be used in your profile. Our network relies on the bookings made through the platform, please honour that commitment to the network by not bypassing it.
- attend bookings on-time, and be prepared to satisfy the requirements specified and agreed to for that project.
- understand the risks associated with outdoor sport and communicate any limitations that will ensure their own safety in the production environment.
- discuss the physical and emotional safety of the production environment and collaborate with the client to co-create a workable environment, honour the terms of the project contract agreed to between them and the client.
- understand that while all clients have been vetted and have agreed to abide by Community Guidelines, The Outsiders Network cannot guarantee their professional conduct or ability. Outsiders Network does however welcome feedback on clients and will consider suspending platform usage to clients who do not adhere to the Community Guidelines code of conduct.
- understand that they are solely responsible for ensuring the success of the project with the client, and that Outsiders Network is not positioned as a party to the project details or negotiations.
Client Code of Conduct:
In agreeing to this code of conduct, clients of the Outsiders Network are expected to:
- represent their businesses and their project requirements transparently and accurately to ensure the best fit matches with Outsiders talent.
- agree to all of the terms and conditions of an Outsiders Network membership, including not bypassing the platform’s hiring and payment process to obtain talent’s personal contact information prior to a booking transaction.
- negotiate in good faith with Outsiders talent, and operate ethically within the agreed upon contractual agreements set between them and the Outsiders talent.
- be aware of the power imbalance that exists in negotiations, contracts and transactions with Talent, and especially with marginalized Talent. Education and insights on issues surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion in the outdoors and in business should be considered in every transaction conducted on the Outsiders Network.
- be courteous and professional and prompt in their communication with Talent, via email or site chat window, regarding a project (Talent is expected to do the same).
- Discuss the physical and emotional safety of the production and collaborate with Talent to co-create a workable environment.
- understand that while all Talent have been vetted and have agreed to abide by Community Guidelines , The Outsiders Network cannot guarantee their professional conduct or ability. Outsiders Network does however welcome feedback on Talent and will consider suspending platform usage to Talent who do not adhere to the Community Guidelines.
- resolve Talent invoices within the terms outlined in the project contracts.